Ancestral Blend Beef Burgers: How to Make
Want to enjoy Burgers with the incredible nutrient benefits of Beef Liver and Beef Kidney, but without the offal taste? Enter, Ancestral Blend Blend Burgers!
Today, we are going to show you, how to make and enjoy the most nutrient dense burgers on the planet!
What Is Ancestral Blend Beef?
Humans have consumed organ meats like beef hearts, liver, kidney for thousands of years since nose-to-tail eating was simply how we survived in early civilizations by wasting nothing and reaping the nutrition of other animals.
Our ancestral blend is our our modern version of how our ancestors used to eat by hunting down wild game then eating the muscle cuts and organs.
Our nutrient-rich Ancestral Blend Beef is entirely toxin free and harks back to a time long before industrial farming and man made checmicls by being Certified 100% Organic, 100% Grass-Fed and Finished and Non GMO Project Verified.
Our Ancestral Blend contains 10% beef liver, 10% beef kidney, and 80% lean grass-fed ground beef sourced from brisket and chuck roasts.
Nutrition of Ancestral Blend Beef and Organ Meats
Nose-to-tail organ meats like beef kidney and beef liver boast an excellent nutritional profile. The offal-infused ancestral blend beef burgers contain many essential vitamins and minerals, such as:
- Folate (Vitamin B9)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B12
Ancestral Blend Nutrion Facts
SERVING SIZE: 4oz (112g)
- 150 Calories
- 23g Protein
- 4g Fat
- 0g Carbs
- Vitamin A, 380% RDA
- Riboflavin 180% RDA
- Vitamin B12, 1,190% RDA
- Copper 500% RDA
- Folate 80% RDA
- Niacin 80% RDA
- Selenium 60% RDA
- Iron 25% RDA
What Does Ancestral Blend Taste Like?
The ancestral blend camouflages the organ meat’s appearance and gamey flavor, especially disguised as a juicy ancestral blend beef burger. Despite being among the more undesirable beef cuts, beef liver and beef kidney are just as delicious as they are nutritious.
Furthermore, since the offals are paired with flavorful ground beef, you can hardly distinguish between our standard grass-finished ground beef and the ancestral blend.
Why Are Burgers Perfect For Ancestral Blend?
Our ancestral blend was created to help customers grow more comfortable with nose-to-tail eating, in which every part of the cattle is used.
Everyone loves a good burger so we thought some organ meats in a burger is the perfect way to do this since it is a dish that everyone loves! This way, you may still reap the benefits of organ meats like beef liver and beef kidney without seeing the offals themselves.
And because it is also mixed with ground beef at a lean/fat ratio of 85/15, it will be very difficult to tell the difference between an ancestral blend beef burger versus a traditional burger.
This is a genius way to get an incredible amount of nutrients into kids and picky eaters without them even knowing and in fact having them LOVE the flavor :)
In addition, our ancestral blend burgers are ideal for those who follow carnivore, ketogenic, or paleo diets since it contains even more protein (approximately three grams) than regular ground beef plus you are getting a huge doe of bioavailable nutirnets and micro nutrients.
List Of Ingredients You Need To Make Ancestral Blend Beef Burgers Recipe
Ancestral blend burgers are super easy to prepare. The ingredients you will need to make ancestral blend beef burger patties at home include:
- A 1-pound pack of organic grass-fed Ancestral Blend
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
You can substitute garlic and onion powder with fresh diced garlic and onions as well. If you choose to do this, we recommend sauteing them in a pan with salt and pepper before mixing them into the ground beef for added flavor.
*Note: if you are on a strict Carnivore Diet or AIP Diet protocol, we recommend keeping the ingredients to just salt.
How to Make Ancestral Blend Beef Burgers: Step by Step
Now that you know the ingredients you need to make ancestral blend beef burgers let’s dive in on how to cook them. The recipe below is tailored to grilling burgers. Still, you may cook them on the stovetop using a grill pan or standard frying pan. It is just more challenging to attain the same level of charring without a barbecue.
- In a bowl, combine 6 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of freshly ground pepper, garlic, and onion powder. Shake the bowl to blend the spices.
- Pre-heat your grill on high heat for approximately ten to twelve minutes.
- While the grill is pre-heating, start to form your burger patties. To make quarter-pound-sized patties, evenly distribute the ancestral blend beef to make four meatballs.
- Next, wet your hands slightly so the meat will not stick to them while molding your patties. Pat your meatballs flat, shaping the sides and pressing downwards to attain an even burger patty.
- Season each burger patty evenly with the spice mixture, using your fingers to work from the outer circle inward.
- Once your patties are ready to go, use a non-stick spray, such as Pam, to do a quick spritz over the grill grates to avoid any flame-ups.
- Then, toss your burgers on the grill and cover them with the lid. After about a minute and a half, you will slide your spatula under each burger, giving it a quarter of a turn to achieve a nice score.
Cover the grill again, letting the burgers cook for another two minutes. Flip the burger patties after and cook until they reach the desired internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius).
What Temperature To Cook Ancestral Blend Beef Burgers To?
Ground beef must be cooked thoroughly to ensure doneness. Since the ancestral beef blend contains organ meats, it is more crucial than ever to cook them until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius). We also suggest letting the ancestral blend beef burger patties rest for at least three minutes before adding any other toppings, excluding cheeses, since many people like to melt that onto the burgers while grilling.
What To Serve With Ancestral Blend Beef Burgers?
Ancestral blend beef burgers are an incredibly versatile dish, from classic American bacon cheeseburgers to nutrient dense & flavor elevated black truffle-infused steak burgers.
Thus, you are free to get creative with side dishes and toppings. Some popular burger pairings are:
- Sweet Potatoe Fries
- Avacado and Greens
- Corn on the Cob
- Green Beans
- Roasted Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Butter
- Homemade Coleslaw
Or , you can pair this right back to no sides at all and enjoy our Ancestral Blend made into Burgers with just the addition of some salt and still enjoy great flavor but without any strong organ meat taste or scent.
Burgers with Benefits! Enjoy.
Summary: Ancestral Blend Beef Burgers: How to Make
- Our Ancestral Blend is a modern interputation of how our ancestors ate both the muscle meat and organ meats of the wild game they hunted.
- TruBeef Ancestral Blend is entirely toxin free, Certified 100% Organic, 100% Grass-Fed and Finished and Non GMO Project Verified.
- Just 3 simple ingredients make Ancestral Blend i.e. Ground Beef, Liver and Kidney.
- We perfected a blend that has no offal taste whatsoever. Your Ancestral Blend Burges willl in fact taste extremly beefy with an incredible savory/umami flavor profile.
- Our Ancestral Blend can be easily made into Burger Patties and enjoyed on the grill or pan.
- Great for those looking for extra nutrients but without any strong taste of organ meats.
- Ancestral Blend Burgers is a wonderful way to get lots of bioavailable nutrients into kids and picky eaters in the form of a great tasting burger.
- Just mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder or keep it super simple and natural with just salt.