Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe, Benefits and Tips.
In today's article, we highlight our favorite Air Fryer Lamb Chops recipe and show you why you should try Lamb Chops in your Air Fryer.
In our opinion, making Air Fryer Lamb Chops is a match made in home cooking heaven!
With Lamb Chops being quite small, ranging in size from just 3 oz. to 6 oz. each, the Air Fryer is the perfect candidate to cook lamb chops quickly and with consistently great results without any hassle or guesswork.
Why You Should Cook Lamb Chops in an Air Fryer?
Easy to Use
Less Oil / No Oil needed
- No Mess
- Consistent results and perfect target doneness
Air fryer lamb chops make an ideal quick and easy weeknight dinner. It saves lots of time and effort since the Lamb Chops can cook in the Air fryer while you work on making side dishes to pair with them.
All leading Air Fryer brands such as Cuisinart Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi call for a fraction of the oil needed compared to other cooking methods, such as pan-frying, making it even healthier. Thus cooking Lamb Chops in the Air fryer is great for busy parents or professionals who still want a tasty nutritious meal without any hassle.
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe
Here is our favorite way to prepare Lamb Chops for the Air fryer with our homemade rub.
- Lamb chops (Loin or Rib chops)
- Fresh or dried Oregano
- Fresh or dried Rosemary
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika (optional)
PRO TIP: Lamb tastes ten times better when it has time to soak up a delectable Lamb marinade. Some yummy Lamb-friendly marinade suggestions include a Caribbean jerk-style marinade or a Mongolian lamb marinade with a Chinese five-spice.
How To Make Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe
- Pat your Lamb Chops dry with a paper towel.
- Prep the rub by blending all the spices together in a separate container.
- Preheat your Air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat your Lamb Chops in Olive Oil, then season with the blend of spices. Be sure every surface of the meat is covered for optimal results.
- Air fry for a total of 7 to 10 minutes, flipping it halfway through. You can also utilize the appliances' roast setting for a more even sear.
- Allow the Lamb Chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- The Air Fryer will leave the generous and buttery fat cap of the Lamb Loin Chops or Rib Chops with a delicious crispy sear. Enjoy!
Here is a slightly different recipe version on the Home Eats channel which uses thicker chops, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic salt, rosemary, and red pepper flakes.
Tips & Tricks For Recipe Success
- To check the degree of wellness of your lamb chops, use a meat thermometer halfway through. The internal temperature should read 120 degrees Fahrenheit to eat lamb rare, 130 degrees Fahrenheit for medium, and anything over 145 degrees Fahrenheit will be well done.
- While some fat is necessary to increase the lamb's overall flavor, always feel free to trim excess fat for a leaner eating experience.
- Olive oil is frequently listed as a critical ingredient in most lamb recipes which is mainly due to Lamb’s place in the everyday diet of Mediterranean countries. Other healthy, non-inflammatory/non-PUFA oils and fats like Avocado oil, Tallow, Grass-fed Butter, or Ghee work great also.
- If you used Lamb Rib Chops for this recipe, you could cut along the bones to make “meat lollipops." They make an excellent appetizer for parties, barbecues, or family-style dinners.
PRO TIP: For the very best results, make sure you buy Lamb and not older tougher Mutton meat. Understanding the differences between Lamb and Mutton is important as they have very different characteristics, with Mutton too tough to cook in an Air fryer.
Other Ways You Can Cook Lamb Chops
If you do not have access to an Air fryer, don't sweat it! You can still enjoy all the great flavors lamb chops have to offer in other ways.
Lamb chops are among the most consumed cuts of meat consumed worldwide, and with an abundance of ways to prepare them, each recipe is as delicious as the next.
While seasonings, cooking techniques, and recipes vary from person to person, lamb chops can be cooked in the oven, outdoor grills, open flame, stovetop frying pans or even braised in liquid.
Each cooking method boasts its own distinctive advantages for making lamb. For example, one of the highlights when using a charcoal grill is that the charring from direct heat adds a distinct smoky flavor and coloring.
If you decide to use a frying pan for lamb chops, this will allow for a well-rounded sear on the surface of the meat and also keeps the chops moist and juicy.
PRO TIP: Za'atar roasted carrots is by far our favorite side dish to serve with lamb and specifically with Air fryer lamb chops as you can make this great side dish in the air fryer at the same time you are cooking your lamb chops.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to store Air fryer Lamb Chops, and how long do they last?
Leftover Lamb Chops can keep in the refrigerator for about three days before losing freshness. You may also store any remaining Air fryer Lamb Chops in the freezer for up to three months in an air-tight container.
Lamb leftovers has enough fat and moisture that it will retain its flavor and overall quality when appropriately reheated.
How To Reheat Lamb Chops in Air Fryer?
- The key to reheating Steak or Lamb is to gently reheat (without overcooking) which will reactivate the fat molecules in the meat from solid fat to liquid fat which means juiciness.
- Take your chops out of the fridge 1 hour before reheating and keep covered.
- Pre Heat Air Fryer to 300 °F (148 °C).
- Place Lamb Chops in the basket, close Air fryer lid, and set to 350 for 4 minutes.
- After 4 mins., check that your chops are fully reheated. If not, go again for another 90 seconds.
We always make a nice leftover lamb sanwich with leftovers slices any time we make a traditional sunday roast with a leg of lamb or lamb shoulder.
What is the difference between Lamb Rib Chops and Lamb Loin Chops?
Image: Lamb Rib Chops
While both are popular Lamb cuts for their quality and texture, Lamb Rib Chops cut from the ribs tend to be more compact meat fibers but very tender.
Image: Lamb Loin Chops
Lamb Loin chops, however, are known to be some of the most tender parts of a Lamb, resembling small T-bone Steaks.
How can I avoid my lamb chops from getting too tough?
- Aim for an internal temperature of 130 °F (54 °C) to give you a perfect pink medium doneness.
- Always let your Lamb Chops rest for 5 minutes after cooking. Trust me, this really does make a difference!
- Due to their small size, Lamb Chops are ideal for cooking in an Air fryer.
- Air Fryer is a handy appliance that is both easy to operate, quick to cook any meat, and also gives great results.
- Air Fryer uses circulating dry air to cook the food and therefore requires less oil.
- A simple dry rub made at home can elevate the flavor of Lamb Chops.
- Lamb Chops are best served either rare or medium.
- Air Fryer is also very handy for reheating Lamb Chops or any cooked meat.